RVGS Virtual Summer Institutes
Two RVGS Virtual Summer Institutes will be available to interested Roanoke Valley Governor’s School students this summer. These are non-credit bearing optional summer enrichment opportunities.
Students may participate in one or both of the institutes. There is no commitment to complete all sessions, but students who do will receive a certificate of completion and can list themselves as a participant in the institute on future resumes.
- Two options are offered: “RVGS Biomedical Science Summer Institute” and “RVGS Leadership Summer Institute”
- Both programs will be fully online.
- To complete a program, the student will participate in a series of eight sessions, hosted by RVGS faculty and professionals from the appropriate fields.
- Lectures will be conducted in real-time, with recordings available after. Either viewing option is accepted for completion, but real-time attendance is encouraged.
- Enrollment in advance is not required, but students planning to participate should join the appropriate Remind group(s):
- Biomedical Institute: go to remind.com/join/rvgsbiomed or text “rvgsbiomed” to 81010
- Leadership Institute: go to remind.com/join/rvgsleader or text “rvgsleader” to 81010
AFTER COMPLETION OF YOUR PROGRAM(S): complete the form at this link to receive your certificate [Deadline: August 6]
RVGS Biomedical Science Summer Institute
This program is facilitated by Ms. Bohland and questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Attend 8 of the 11 sessions for a regular certificate or attend all 11 for a special certificate with distinction!